Saturday 2 April 2016

N 37 deg 18', E 169 deg 10' -- Race 9, Day 14

If you're following the wider reporting on the race, you'll know this
already. But if not, there has been another death. Sarah Young, from
Ichorcoal, was swept overboard by a wave. By the time they got her back on
board, they were unable to revive her.

I didn't know her myself, but several people here did. Sean, who joined us
from Ichorcoal a few months ago, was close to her. As you would expect,
he's taking it particularly hard, but everyone is definitely shaken.

She wasn't tethered at the time. I mention this only because it comes so
soon after our tethered MOB and so I can assure you that I am really,
really careful about keeping clipped on. I'm doing everything I can to
keep safe, and I'll be home soon.

2943 nm to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment