Monday 14 March 2016

N 36 deg 4', E 120 deg 24' -- Race 8, finish

That's the location of my hotel room at the Crown Plaza :)

Just a quick post to say that I've made it to Qingdao. It was a tough race, upwind most of the way, some heavy weather, lots of fishing boats to keep clear of, lots of things breaking on the boat. The cold the last few days nearly broke me. But we're here now. The hosts seem really happy to have us, and the locals have been very welcoming. Like, I think, much of China, Qingdao is a shockingly big city for something that would be completely unknown if not for the beer.

I'll post something in the coming days with a bit more about how the race went. We have a new keyboard coming, so I should be able to report more regularly from the Pacific crossing. Meanwhile, facebook (among other things) is blocked here, and my phone is still not working, so other communication out will be limited.

Off now to the prize giving ceremony and a few drinks!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're doing well. We tried posting things but had a good lesson in how hard it is to get things in - needless to say you'll be getting your package upon your return to the Western world. Stay safe and know we're all thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete